Re: [Evolution-hackers] "Clean" installing 1.5.x?

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 20:31, Not Zed wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 11:19 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:

> > > FWIW this doesn't seme to work too well for me.
> > >
> > > Force migrade WONT remove ~/.evolution thankfully ... (or should hope it
> > > doesn't).
> >
> > It will do this.
>
> Ugh, thats a stupid idea.  I'm glad it didn'tw when i ran it, or i'd
> have lost 6 months of email.  It should definitely confirm before wiping
> out all your data.

Its a use at your own risk hack for testing migration and re-migrating,
its defined to be removed when its no longer a development version. You
said to rm -rf ~/.evolution in your own manual instructions below.

> > > The most reliable way:
> > >
> > >  evolution-1.5 --force-shutdown
> > >  rm -rf ~/.evolution yourself
> > >  gconftool-2 --set --type string /apps/evolution/version --value 1.4.0
> >
> > The code does both of the above two lines.
> >
> > >  evolution-1.5
> >
> > This sequence will not re-import calendars, addressbooks and tasks
> > properly.
>
> Not very bloody useful then is it!

Why do you say that?  Your way is quite similar to what the code
actually does, but the code imports addressbooks, calendars and task
properly again.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>