Re: [Evolution-hackers] Newbie question

Depends a bit on what you're after.

If you want another stand-alone module (i.e. a new frontend type), then you just need to implement a new evolution component.

If you want to implement a new backend for the addressbook, then you'd want to do another backend in evolution-data-server.  evolution/addressbook/backends/ldap/e-book-backend-ldap.c is a fairly simple example of a backend for evolution-data-server for contacts data.

For email evolution/camel/providers/* is where you'd start plugging things in.

Yes i'm pointing to the sourcecode, its about the only documentation (and certainly the only up to date) we have.