Re: [Evolution-hackers] Controlling Evo from an external program

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 22:12 -0400, Tessa Lau wrote:
Mairix: http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/mairix/

It's the closest I can come to Gmail's onebox search interface using
Evolution (fast full-text index over all messages, regardless of
folder).
Why don't you just setup a vfolder of all folders?

It just seems a very round-a-bout way of doing things.
I'm willing to switch to 1.5 if I can control it externally.  There are
other things I want to do (such as integrating with AI clustering and
learning algorithms) which would be facilitated by being able to control
Evo from a separate application.
In 1.5 you can view a specific message but thats all.  You can't do much else.  Like i siad, none of the api's have been designed for this.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Novell's Evolution and Free Software Developer