[Evolution-hackers] Making "memos" in Evolution

Ok. So, I'm home sick with strep throat, and I want to start hacking on
Evolution. For a long time, I've wanted memos that can sync with a Palm
device, like what's available in Outlook. I have two questions:

1) It seems like this should have been done by now. Is there a good
reason why it hasn't? I mean, is this currently a practically impossible
task? Surely this has been discussed before. Where would I need to
start?

2) I installed the src rpm under SuSE 9.1, but it won't even build out
of the box before I start hacking on it. It fails like so:

In file included from /opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:30,
                 from /opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
                 from e-list.h:18,
                 from e-account-list.h:23,
                 from e-account-list.c:24:
/opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:41: error: syntax error before
"typedef"

Can anyone provide a hint as to why?

Thanks,
dk