Re: [Evolution-hackers] Set Evolution offline on suspend

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 16:56, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 15:41, David Eriksson wrote:
> > I would like to automatically set Evolution offline when I suspend my
> > laptop.
> >
> > On suspend I can easily execute a program from the
> > /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmcontinue script on Fedora Core 2, so that
> > part is easy. (No, I don't have ACPI working yet.)
> >
> > What I need is a way to programatically tell Evolution 1.4.6 to go
> > offline if it is running. Is this possible?

First I'd better answer myself that there is a previous discussion on
the topic:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2003-February/000018.html

> I can't really help (maybe if the offline state is a gconf key you could
> set that), but I'm curious as to why you want evo to go offline when you
> suspend.  Nothing can run whilst you are suspended, so whats the point?

I'm reading mail with IMAP through SSH. When my laptop wakeup from
suspend I have to setup these tunnels before I can read mail. If
Evolution tries to check mails before that I get annoying and
uneccessary "could not connect" messages.

Previously I also had suspicious problems with IMAP inconsistency that I
never could reproduce good enough to file a bug report for, but
suspected that failing and then succeeding connections were a part in
that. But I digress...

--
Regards,
               -\- David Eriksson -/-