Re: [Evolution-hackers] hejri shamsi calendar

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 11:57 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> hi amir,
>
> [this isn't about adding local holidays but about another time system,
> check e.g. http://www.idevcenter.com/projects/iranl10ninfo/draft/
> (technically) or (for a short impression)
> http://www.irirw.com/erailinfo/acquaintaneRAI/iran_cale.htm ]

I'm not sure what the best way for this would be, but I guess as a first
step, we could add support for this calendar to libical/libecal, which
are the libraries we use in Evolution for the event's dates.

We have been thinking about nuking libical and use our own
implementation for managing icalendar objects, which includes dealing
with the dates. If we are to add support for the Irani calendar, I guess
it is a good idea to think about it while doing the libical replacement.

cheers