Re: [Evolution-hackers] Corrupted mail send to too many correspondant

Hi all,

Le jeu 08/07/2004 à 12:54, Olivier DUGEON a écrit :
Hello,

Ok. But, is the received e-mail must have is line folded or not ? I look at the received e-mail, since I put myself in the recipient and perform a "Save As" of the message. Again, under vi, the To: and Cc: field are folded anymore. Is it normal or not ? If yes, how can I check if the message received by the Exchange server have its line folded or not ? Could I put an output filter which just make a copy of the e-mail ?

If evolution perform correctly the header folding, is there a possibility that the bug comes from the connector ? I will redo test with SMTP instead of exchange to send mail.

Since I didn't receive any answer, I perform new test.

First, I test evolution with my private ISP (wanadoo) and my private e-mail address. This time it's work correctly. The configuration is pop for reception and smtp for emission. I perform an ethereal capture too.

Then, I configured again evolution with my office setting (exchange for incoming and smtp for outgoing) with an ethereal capture. Again, the test failed.

I compare the two ethereal and discover that there is not difference. All recipient are sent one by once to the SMTP server and then the message body itself.

But, I also discover that in the message body, the "To:" and "Cc:" line are not folded. The CR/LF (0x0d/0x0a) sequence are only present at the end of the To: or Cc: line.

So, my conclusion is :

- Some server treat correctly the line larger than 1024 bytes
- Some other doesn't deal correctly with ling line
- and the last category simply reject my mail due to too long line

Now, if the RFC say that line MUST NOT exceed 1024 bytes, the bug come from evolution which not fold the line and if the RFC just say that line SHOULD NOT exceed 1024 bytes, the bug come from the Exchange server.

Can you help me to see how to debug this ? Can you confirm if we are in the first or second case ?

Thanks a lot,

Olivier

PS. I can sent you the ethereal capture if you want.

Thanks,

Olivier

PS. I attach the received mail in case of it was pertinent

--
Project Manager for Network architecture and switching Division
 & FT/DR&D/CORE/M2I           | mailto:Olivier Dugeon francetelecom com