Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Corrupted mail send to too many correspondant

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 11:45 +0200, Olivier DUGEON wrote:
Hi Jeffrey,

Le mer 07/07/2004 à 19:42, Jeffrey Stedfast a écrit :
> On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 18:36 +0200, Olivier DUGEON wrote:
> > Hi Jeffrey,

[ ... ]

> it looks to me like you used Evolution's "View Source" to extract this
> mesage content rather than getting it using a text editor from the file
> on disk. To check my theory, I apsted all the To headers into a composer
> and saved the message to disk and I got:
>
> To: Olivier Dugeon <Olivier Dugeon wanadoo fr>, LONGFOO1 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo1 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO2 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo2 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO3 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo3 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO4 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo4 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO5 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo5 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO6 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo6 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO7 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo7 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO8 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo8 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO9 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo9 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO10 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo10 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO11 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo11 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO12 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo12 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO13 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo bar13 rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO14 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo14 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO15 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo15 bar rd francetelecom com>, LONGFOO16 BAR FTRD/FOO/BAR
> 	 <longfoo16 bar rd francetelecom com>, zze-airtri01 ext FTRD/RSCL/LAN
> 	 <airtri01 ext rd francetelecom com>
>
> Notice how they are properly folded just as I suspected.
>
> so this is most definetely not an Evolution bug.

Sorry, but I'm not agree with you. The message I attach to my previous
mil was obtain like this :
Point to the "Sent" folder. Click right on the message and perform a
"Saved as" and store the message on the disk. Then I just vi to delete
the attachement to have a smaller file.
Still irrelevent.  When the message is read from disk it is unfolded, but when it is sent over smtp it is folded.

So, I redo a test without a big attachement, just the smiley image.
Then, I move the message to a temporary empty folder. Then I attached to
this e-mail the resulting mbox file. You can see that the line are not
fold properly and are larger than 1000 bytes. I also verify that is the
same if I edit the mbox file located under the "Sent" folder.

I'm agree that evo fold correctly the line in the display view.

Just, in case of, I used evolution with french language and I didn't
already perform test with default English language.

[ ... ]

> there doesn't seem to be anything to fix, it formats it properly
> already.
>
> but, the code would probably be in camel-internet-address.c

Ok, I look to this file and see what's possible.

Olivier

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Novell's Evolution and Free Software Developer