Re: [Evolution-hackers] Drafts/Sent: Why Arbitrary Folders?

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 23:13 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
> This may be a really dumb question but I don't know why you're able to
> set the drafts and the sent folders in email account prefs -> defaults.
> You can neither do this for inbox or outbox, nor for junk or trash.
> Is that preference really neccessary?

yes, because different mail clients have different names for the Drafts
and Sent folders (pine calls Sent "sent-items", Outlook calls it "Sent
Items", etc...) and we want users to be able to share the same folders
as the other clients.

>  If it is, why can't you set
> arbitrary inbox

because INBOX is INBOX for all mailers.

> , outbox

because Outbox is Evolution's private message queue, there's no reason
to change this and in fact, would be a lot more difficult to support.
Especially when you get into things like the remote Outbox folder not
being reachable, etc...

Jeff