Re: [Evolution-hackers] Drafts/Sent: Why Arbitrary Folders?

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 05:13, Christian Neumair wrote:
> This may be a really dumb question but I don't know why you're able to
> set the drafts and the sent folders in email account prefs -> defaults.
> You can neither do this for inbox or outbox, nor for junk or trash.
> Is that preference really neccessary?

Yes. Think about a user with an IMAP account who wants to be able to
store sent mail on the IMAP server in the same folder his (different)
mail client at home likes to use.

One thing I'd REALLY love to see, extending this idea some more, would
be the ability to prevent display of the Inbox, Sent, and Trash folders
under Local Folders. They confuse the hell out of users when their mail
is on an IMAP server, and don't appear to serve any useful purpose.

> If it is, why can't you set
> arbitrary inbox, outbox, etc. folders as well?
> Just for the sake of bugging you... .

My personal impression is that they would not be as useful, but then I
know SFA re evo devel.

--
Craig Ringer