Re: [Evolution-hackers] Create task based on email

Thanks a lot, the API is exactly what I need.
Cheers,
Celso

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 17:36 +0100, Celso Pinto wrote:
Hi all,
I really need a feature on Evolution that allows me to create a new task
based on the contents of an email. It should work like this: I receive an email, right-click with mouse on
it, choose Create task and the "New task" Dialog pops up with the
contents of the email on it's description field (only text). One other way, yet harder, would be to implement some kind of "symlink"
between a task and an email.

Because I want this available, I'm more than willing to do some coding,
but i'm having some trouble finding out where to start, so I have some
questions:
1) where can I find the "Task" struct?

what do you mean? I guess you want the API for building a task and then
saving it to a task folder. For that, use libecal, which contains
ECalComponent for creating the task, and ECal, for contacting a calendar
backend. You have some documentation at:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/developer-doc/libecal/index.html

2) how do I create a new task dialog? Should I signal some kind of
Evolution service saying "i'd like to create a new task dialog and
here's the contents" or can I execute some function that popup's up the
New task-dialog?

you can use the task editor service on the calendar component. For that,
you just need to do what the alarm daemon does (evo/calendar/gui/alarm-
notify/alarm-queue.c, in the edit_component function).

cheers