Re: [Evolution-hackers] Create task based on email

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 17:36 +0100, Celso Pinto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I really need a feature on Evolution that allows me to create a new task
> based on the contents of an email.
> It should work like this: I receive an email, right-click with mouse on
> it, choose Create task and the "New task" Dialog pops up with the
> contents of the email on it's description field (only text).
> One other way, yet harder, would be to implement some kind of "symlink"
> between a task and an email.
>
> Because I want this available, I'm more than willing to do some coding,
> but i'm having some trouble finding out where to start, so I have some
> questions:
> 1) where can I find the "Task" struct?

what do you mean? I guess you want the API for building a task and then
saving it to a task folder. For that, use libecal, which contains
ECalComponent for creating the task, and ECal, for contacting a calendar
backend. You have some documentation at:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/developer-doc/libecal/index.html

> 2) how do I create a new task dialog? Should I signal some kind of
> Evolution service saying "i'd like to create a new task dialog and
> here's the contents" or can I execute some function that popup's up the
> New task-dialog?

you can use the task editor service on the calendar component. For that,
you just need to do what the alarm daemon does (evo/calendar/gui/alarm-
notify/alarm-queue.c, in the edit_component function).

cheers