Re: [Evolution-hackers] sync between two PCs

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 13:38, DANIELLLANO wrote:
> > > I have a desktop and a laptop and want them synchronized to be able
> > > to work disconnected anywhere.
> > >
> > > How may I sync all the evolution information between these two PCs?
> >
> > Using rsync is probably the easiest.  Although for mail you could just
> > use IMAP.  The only things you need to keep track of is which directions
> > you've been syncing in and that the right programs aren't running whilst
> > you change their data.

I use a local IMAP server and Unison to synchronise the folders. The
local IMAP server is optional, if your mail is all in Evolution's local
folders convert them to Maildir format and Unison will do the rest.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./