Re: [Evolution-hackers] sync between two PCs

Not Zed wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 16:23 +0000, DANIELLLANO wrote:
>
> > I have a desktop and a laptop and want them synchronized to be able
> > to work disconnected anywhere.
> >
> > How may I sync all the evolution information between these two PCs?
>
> Using rsync is probably the easiest.  Although for mail you could just
> use IMAP.  The only things you need to keep track of is which directions
> you've been syncing in and that the right programs aren't running whilst
> you change their data.

As I said rsync is not and easy and integrated solution.
I want it to be usable by my grandma.

I can't use IMAP because I don't have Internet access. I said disconnected.

> > I'd also like to keep the history of the changes to the email,
> > the calendar and the address-book ideally I'd like to sync and keep
> > history of everything (including the configuration)
>
> History?  That sounds like  backup task.

Not, if you use a revision control system like gnu arch
The problem is that evolution should use gnu arch directly and store
the data in a format that works well with gnu arch.
Like always using maildirs instead mboxes to store emails and using
the filesystem (one entry per file) instead a Berkeley DB to store data.