[Evolution-hackers] Re: evo/gal/gtkhtml bugzilla move? (was Re: Proto initial GNOME 2.6 new modules decision)

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 19:43, Christian Rose wrote:
> fre 2004-01-23 klockan 10.10 skrev Murray Cumming Comneon com:
> > In:
> [...]
> >   Evolution, evolution-data-server, gal, gtkhtml3
>
> So will evolution, evolution-data-server, gal and gtkhtml move from
> Ximian Bugzilla to GNOME Bugzilla now?
>
> I'm asking as I expect it to be a major Pain(tm) to both enter and track
> GNOME 2.6 bugs in two totally different bugzillas; each of them with
> different bugs, queries, keywords, accounts, milestones, resolutions,
> and whatever else possible.

Well.

Firstly I think this would be the Right Thing for the bugsquad, based on
cooperation from the evo team of course.

But we can't move [a large number of] bugs without someone putting in
some work, and that's work that right now I personally can't do. We need
to export the bugs as XML, make sure the XML still plays nice with our
rather hacky import scripts, and *keep attachments working.* The keep
attachments working bit involves writing code to do that.

If anyone's still left from the nautilus move, maybe they'd have a
better idea of what's involved.

So yes, it would be really nice, but possibly practically infeasible...

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>