Re: [Evolution-hackers] how to build Evolution

Got it built.  Thanks much.  I have a few more questions.

1) In an Oreilly book on automake & friends, it suggests doing the
entire build in a separate directory (separate from the source tree) so
that the source tree isn't cluttered with .o and other files generated
by the build process that are not part of the release.

I tried running autogen.sh this way but I had to start it again from the
source root in order for it to complete successfully.  I didn't try
running make in a separate dir b/c it was late at night and I just
wanted to see it finish!  What do Ximian and Gnome developers
do/recommend?  I don't plan to check anything back into CVS (I don't
have an account).  Rather I intend to submit a patch.

2) What does gtkdoc & co. do?  I installed it after seeing a message
recommending this, but have no idea how to use it.

3) While surfing thru cyberspace, I think I recall seeing some sort of
Evolution developer's guide, but can't find it anymore.  Was I just
hallucinating due to lack of sleep?

Please bear with me.  I'm just starting out w/ hacking Evo and Gnome
software.  If you'd like to find out more about me you can go to
http://umich.edu/~lsiden.

Cheers,