Re: [Evolution-hackers] how to build Evolution

Thanks.  I already figured it out.  My problem was that I was trying to
build the CVS head which is 1.5.  That isn't really what I needed to
do.  (I found http://howto.pilot-link.org/evosync/ga.html to be helpful,
but eventually tripped over "...cannot find libecal...." which I
couldn't resolve.)

JP Rosevar mentioned in a recent post that this version is still
considered unstable which I take to mean that it won't build without the
bleeding edge versions of a lot of other libs.  My real purpose for now
is to create a filter criteria that will check for the state of the
"completed" status set in the follow-up dialog.  So all I really need to
do when successful is submit a patch which one of the illuminati can
apply at will to any version.

So I simply unpacked a copy of 1.4.5 under my home folder and built that
without any of the bells and whistles such as pilot sync which built
successfully and starts up without crashing.  Now I have to learn how to
hack it!