[Evolution-hackers] how to build Evolution

Answer #28 in the knowledge base ("How do I get CVS source code") tells
you that you need to check out evo, gal, and gtkhtml, but it doesn't
tell you how to build Evo.  Building gal and gtkhtml was easy.  I just
ran autogen.sh, then make.  But building Evo is another story.
autogen.sh complained
-----
configure: error: Library requirements (libgtkhtml-3.1) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
-----

I tried exporting PKG_CONFIG_PATH=../gtkhtml/src (where the *.pc) file
resides, but that did not help.  Can anyone help me get started?

-Larry Siden,
Ann Arbor, MI