[Evolution-hackers] LDAP format of a contact's adress

hi,
i switched from outlook to evolution some time ago and thought that it
was time to convert my outlook addressbook. i'd like to keep my contacts
in an openldap server. everything workes fine exept the address-field:
evolution stores the (private) addressdata in the homePostalAddress
field of the ldap record.

my question here is how can i create such an entry (i'm doing it from a
perl script) so that it's displayed in the evolution gui correctly.
(e.g. address in address-field and zip code in the zip code field)

i entered a contact in evolution and looked at the result with
ldapsearch. i found out it stores it base64 encoded with newlines as
"delimiters".
i tried to imitate that in my script but the result was that everything
was shown in the adressfiled.

i also tried to substitute the \n with $ like i read in the internet,
that didnt help either.

finaly i looked at the sourcecode but didn't find the passage i was
looking for (i searched in pas-backend-ldap.c)

thanks in advance
me