Re: [Evolution-hackers] Can evolution meet the GNOME 2.6 schedule?

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 10:40, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> There is some concern that the development (1.5) version of evolution might
> not be quite ready for GNOME 2.6. Some GNOME developers have suggested that
> it is not yet ready for everyday use. I'm not using it personally yet, so I
> can't comment on any specific bugs.
>
> The GNOME release-team sees that there is almost unanimous support for
> adding evolution to the GNOME Desktop release set, particularly with the
> opportunities that evolution-data-server offers. But at the moment, we are
> leaning towards saying "Evolution is in GNOME 2.6, but we see a risk of it
> being punted to GNOME 2.8 if we later see that it is not quite ready." We
> did the same thing for Totem last time.
>
> So, what do the evolution maintainers think? We'd prefer not to say "but we
> see a risk of ..." if that's actually not true.

There is always risk, Evolution is quite a large project.  On the other
hand Evolution has a rather large team which makes reducing the bug
count much more predictable than in other projects.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.