Re: [Evolution-hackers] Building evolution from source on RH-9 system

Hey Ray,
	If you're building Gnome 2.4, try

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.4/notes/rninstallation.html

HTH and good luck :)

Steve

Raymond Lillard wrote:

Dear Hackers,

I am finally giving up on text-based mail readers and would like
to use (and help test) evolution.  I noticed the latest version
seems to be 1.5.1.  I have pulled it from the anon CVS server and
find that I need to update much of gnome also.  That didn't seem
so bad so I looked at the "modules" file and decided that pulling
down "gnome2" ("gnome" is broke) was the right thing to do.

Now, that I can only guess the order in which to build the various
gnome2 components and am hoping build instructions have been
written down somewhere.  Once I have a map of the forest, I think
I will be able to handle the trees.

My real goal is to be able to build evolution and maybe offer
a patch or two that adds features I find missing (more on that
later).

Thanks,
Ray