Re: [Evolution-hackers] Building evolution from source on RH-9 system

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 20:29 -0800, Raymond Lillard wrote:
> Dear Hackers,
>
> I am finally giving up on text-based mail readers and would like
> to use (and help test) evolution.  I noticed the latest version
> seems to be 1.5.1.  I have pulled it from the anon CVS server and
> find that I need to update much of gnome also.  That didn't seem
> so bad so I looked at the "modules" file and decided that pulling
> down "gnome2" ("gnome" is broke) was the right thing to do.
>
> Now, that I can only guess the order in which to build the various
> gnome2 components and am hoping build instructions have been
> written down somewhere.  Once I have a map of the forest, I think
> I will be able to handle the trees.

The gnome developer site on developer.gnome.org should have some
information on this.  Alternatively you can try using 'garnome', or
another alternative is to use ximian's gnome+development packages and
add a couple of extra's (libsoup, gal, gtkhtml, evolution-data-server)
directly from cvs.

> My real goal is to be able to build evolution and maybe offer
> a patch or two that adds features I find missing (more on that
> later).

Cool.

 Michael