Re: [Evolution-hackers] No CORBA interfaces with 1.5?

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 12:36, Patrick Gerzanics wrote:
> I was very surprised to find out that the CORBA interfaces that we utilize
> in 1.4.x versions of Evolution for synchronization have been removed in the
> 1.5 codebase.  Is there a different out-of-process way of interacting with
> Evolution that we can utilize instead, native or otherwise?  The 1.4
> interfaces were rather clunky, but they did work...
>
> Is CORBA support going to come back with 2.0 and the EDS?  From a brief look
> at the source code for the EDS, we see CORBA interfaces for interacting with
> calendar and contact lists directly, but none of the higher level code to
> interact with the folder list, etc.
>
> We would hate to have to drop Evolution support for our synchronization
> server with the upcoming release of 1.5 and are trying to find a different
> approach for interacting with Evo.

They have not been dropped at all, they reside in Evolution Data Server
(the evolution-data-server module in gnome CVS).  The old "wombat" has
been split out and renamed.  Note that going forward we hope to provide
binary compatibility for the e-d-s libraries (in another couple of major
releases) but its unlikely we will ever guarantee the corba interfaces
from changing.

What product is it you write?

-JP
--