RE: [Evolution-hackers] No CORBA interfaces with 1.5?

It looks like the CORBA interfaces that used to be evolution-calendar.idl
and addressbook.idl have survived the transition as
Evolution-DataServer-Addressbook.idl and Evolution-DataServer-Calendar.idl,
but the Storage level interfaces, that were in Evolution-Storage.idl and
such, don't seem to have alternative implementations.

Our product, XC Connect
(http://www.xcnetwork.com/exchange_alternative_linux.jsp), is a Java-based
collaboration server similar to MS Exchange.  It supports contacts, events
and tasks.  We have written connectors for Microsoft Outlook, the 1.4.x
versions of Evolution and are nearly finished with a connector for Microsoft
Entourage for OS X.  The paradigm for all of our connectors is that they are
separate programs that interact with their applications via external
interfaces and require no changes to the applications with which they
provide synchronization capabilities.  We were able to achieve this for the
Evolution connector with a combination of Java and the CORBA interfaces.

Since the data store for our connectors is the applications themselves, it
is necessary with all of our connectors to be able to create/modify/delete
folders programatically via an out-of-process interface, in order to provide
shared folder information.  This way, if a user is given permission to view
a folder, we programatically create the shared folder and populate it with
data from the server automatically.  We did this before using the Storage
interface, but there does not seem to be an alternative method with the 1.5
release.

We are not concerned that the interfaces and associated methods are changing
or being renamed.  We can handle that in the connector code itself.
However, if the same functionality is no longer available via CORBA, that is
of substantial concern as it may force our existing Evolution customers to
stay with the 1.4.5 release of Evolution.

As a company we are just trying to determine what support for Evolution we
can expect to be able to give our customers going forward since it looks
like 1.5 is nearing a full-scale release.

Thanks.

-Patrick