[Evolution-hackers] No CORBA interfaces with 1.5?

I was very surprised to find out that the CORBA interfaces that we utilize
in 1.4.x versions of Evolution for synchronization have been removed in the
1.5 codebase.  Is there a different out-of-process way of interacting with
Evolution that we can utilize instead, native or otherwise?  The 1.4
interfaces were rather clunky, but they did work...

Is CORBA support going to come back with 2.0 and the EDS?  From a brief look
at the source code for the EDS, we see CORBA interfaces for interacting with
calendar and contact lists directly, but none of the higher level code to
interact with the folder list, etc.

We would hate to have to drop Evolution support for our synchronization
server with the upcoming release of 1.5 and are trying to find a different
approach for interacting with Evo.

Thanks.

-Patrick