[Evolution-hackers] Modest Proposal of a Future Evolution Feature: vision of integration with Nautilus+PostIt notes

Hi All

I propose to integrate Evolution and Nautilus, such that Evolution
can open .vcf VCard collections and .vcs Calendars as well as
*packaged* mailbox files in a single directory.

This would serve the purpose of organising previous projects etc
nicely. I write research papers, and when I am done I would like
to bundle all the associated emails, contacts, and even
calendar events containing, --- and also todo-lists, postit
notes on the desktop for that matter --- into a single project
directory that I can browse and open later on. That directory
also contains LaTeX files, text files, PostScrpt files, associated
background papers, bibliographies, and URLs.

Of course, taking this idea to the extreme, one would like
to link all these directories to each other, so that documents
contacts, calendar events all scattered over a project directory
structure, and automatically listed in, say, virtual folders for
contacts etc, searched, summarised, ...

It would further be cool to let the Todo-entries be actual PostIt notes
on the desktop, i.e. like goats. Further such todo notes should
be capable of containing contacts, documents, etc, etc inside them as
arbitrary objects. For example "Email Peter" with Peter being a
clickable object in the Post-It...

I think this would be a useful integration to head for. Or is it
already to some extent supported?

Yours,
Johan

Please CC any answers to this proposal since this is an occasional
email.