Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution anti-html email poll

The URL in Colin's mail comes up a 404, and the last I recall, the
patch was implemented incorrectly and added new UI. It sounds like
there was a misunderstanding that it would not be accepted because
users don't want it. If most all of your HTML mail is spam, then
spamassassin should be catching it. Just not displaying HTML won't
solve the issue, especially if the HTML is the only content in the
mail, or there is a text/plain alternative, and we just display that
instead. There is a wishlist item in bugzilla for having a preference
to display plaintext over html, when it is available. Aside from that,
Evolution is designed to follow the RFC for the display of multipart
e-mails. If there is a bug in the way that is working, that is another
issue separate from whether or not we should have an option to willingly
ignore the RFC. I am sure that a gconf-only preference to *prefer* the
text/plain part over text/html when available, would be accepted, if
implemented properly. However, one that adds new UI and willingly just
goes off and totally ignores the RFC will not. Evolution 1.5 also has
spam filtering using Spamassassin. If that doesn't allow you to get
rid of the spam html mails, then I have a feeling that just using
text/plain as the display method, will not solve your problems.

-- dobey