Re: [Evolution-hackers] DnD with ESourceSelector

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 17:00 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:

> Basically we can't do any drag and drop in the calendar/addressbook/task
> list right now.  Here are a couple of ideas:
>
> 1. ESourceSelector provides an API call to add drop types its interested
> in.  ESS proxies the gtk tree view drag/motion/release signals and
> includes the ESource in the call back.

this sounds great to me. We could probably have all the D&D
implementation hidden there and have ESS's users just have a couple of
calls/callbacks for doing all D&D stuff.

> 2. Since ESourceSelector uses a tree view, the various components could
> just use the DnD foo in the tree view directly (like the mailer does).

> In both cases for the calendar and tasks we need to consider what
> happens on the drop, especially in the case where the drop happens on a
> source that is not "selected" (ie checked off).

well, as I understand it, it should just add the dropped appointment to
the folder it was dropped to.

>   The calendar/tasks
> could either make the drop location primary (which makes some sense
> since that is where new items are by default created) or they need to
> load the client, add the items, then unref the client.

well, do we really need to set it as primary?

> I personally prefer 1. since it ensures that things like disallowing
> drops on groups is consistent and it generally reduces the amount of
> code I think.  We need to think about how to disallow drops on read only
> sources as well (use the e-source-group read only setting?).

yes, we could just use that one. Although I think we should probably
have the read_only setting on the sources, not on the groups. That is,
there can be LDAP folders that are read only besides other read-write.
The same could happen for Exchange connector calendar.

cheers