[Evolution-hackers] DnD with ESourceSelector

Basically we can't do any drag and drop in the calendar/addressbook/task
list right now.  Here are a couple of ideas:

1. ESourceSelector provides an API call to add drop types its interested
in.  ESS proxies the gtk tree view drag/motion/release signals and
includes the ESource in the call back.

2. Since ESourceSelector uses a tree view, the various components could
just use the DnD foo in the tree view directly (like the mailer does).

In both cases for the calendar and tasks we need to consider what
happens on the drop, especially in the case where the drop happens on a
source that is not "selected" (ie checked off).  The calendar/tasks
could either make the drop location primary (which makes some sense
since that is where new items are by default created) or they need to
load the client, add the items, then unref the client.

I personally prefer 1. since it ensures that things like disallowing
drops on groups is consistent and it generally reduces the amount of
code I think.  We need to think about how to disallow drops on read only
sources as well (use the e-source-group read only setting?).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.