Re: [Evolution-hackers] Non-UTF8 encodings in LDAP data

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 16:33, Scott MacLean wrote:
> I've recently found a problem with the Evolution address book's
> handling of LDAP data that is not UTF8-encoded: any LDAP attribute
> string containing non-UTF8 characters is truncated at the first such
> character.

> Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

If you have any control over the server, see if you can make it speak
LDAPv3 instead of LDAPv2 (or upgrade it to a newer version that does
v3). LDAPv2 doesn't specify anything about how to interpret non-ASCII
characters, which is why we currently do it badly. But LDAPv3 says
everything always has to be UTF-8, so the problem basically goes away.

-- Dan