Re: [Evolution-hackers] composer in e-d-s

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 11:11 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 16:55 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> While starting to move the calendar editors to e-d-s, I came to the
> dependency on the composer (used for sending meeting invitations from
> the dialog), which stopped me on the move.
>
> So, as I see it, we have the following options:
>
> * move the composer to e-d-s. This is the option that convinces me the
> most, since it makes sense, if we really want to make all reusable
> things in Evolution easily reusable, to have the composer, along with
> the editors, categories API, etc, all in e-d-s.
>
> * have the dialogs rely on the composer in evo. This will make people
> with only e-d-s installed unable to send meeting invitations from the
> dialogs. For this, we'll just need the IDL files in e-d-s
>
> * don't move the dialogs. This is, at least for me, a no-option, since
> lots of applications will need the dialogs (ifolder, clock-applet,
> contact-lookup-applet, mrproject, etc)
>
> So, what do you think? Is moving the composer too much work?

I think there is another option, send the mail directly via camel.
Right now for the editors we never actually show the composer dialog.
This is a pretty difficult option too.

We don't actually send any mail "directly via camel", ever.  It needs lots of other info, and goes into special queues and so on.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"Ride, Work, Sleep. Beer."