per-folder options (was: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Mail VPaned vs. HPaned)

> > * default account (From) when replying (based on open folder)
>
> This isn't that hard to do fwiw.

Probably -- but the hard part will be to come up with a polished UI to
set per-folder options.

> > * signing/encryption
> > * signatures
> > * default folders (different Sent folder)
>
> These should be based on the account selected.  Otherwise its going to
> be a nightmare for the user to configure it and a nightmare to code to
> keep everything consistent.

Actually this is already possible by using outgoing filters, isn't it?

Options like this sure must override the accounts default only, if set
at all.

> > * View, Threading, etc.  (already implemented, UI adjustment)
>
> ??? what do you mean?

This settings are available by the menu currently. Which is somewhat
confusing, cause they really are per-folder options.

So if we ever get per-folder settings implemented with a proper UI,
those should get in there.

> > * display images in HTML mails
> > * offline folders, spam filtering, filters in general
>
> ??? whats this got to do with it?
>
> You mean select which folders to check for spam?  You want to filter
> on all folders?

Actually... Yup, I want to. :)

However, my only use case for filtering on all (nope, just a few ones)
folders would be assigning labels. Cause labels are stored locally
rather than on the IMAP server, I cannot assign them by server
filtering.

Anyway, just a quick thought, though. I am totally aware that this will
cost a lot of resources (bandwidth and CPU) -- and the best solution
would be to store labels on the IMAP server, if supported.

...guenther