Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

i envision splitting it up into apps that are well
defined
an addressbook, mail app, and calendar app.

> they basically *are* separate applications already,
> except they get
> embedded into a single window.
evolution doesn't already do this, as is evident by
the fact that it has all these components integrated
into one app.  that's great that they are basically
separate applications. that means the work involved in
splitting them up into separate windows and binaries
is even easier.

> evolution doesn't force you to do that, so I don't
> quite follow.
then how do i only manage my contacts without opening
up the evolution mail app and switching to the
contacts pane?

> >   it makes managing
> > names-->mediums 10 times simpler.  i hope some day
> > gaim works with such a standarized addressbook.  i
> > know evolution 2.0 is supposed to make a server
> for
> > all these activities, but that isn't a replacement
> for
> > what i suggest.
>

> why not?
because the data server only lets you integrate easily
with the evolution suite, not manage the various
components of the suite individually.