Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

Rodney Dawes wrote:
I was just agreeing with the opinion that having the UIs be totally
separate would be
better for usability. And, there are several people that agree with that
type of
thinking. There are also a bunch of people that somehow think "lumping
everything
together into the same thing" somehow constitutes "tighter integration",
and as such,
are against splitting up the UIs.

Great. I think so too. Lots of useful information from the Mozilla project on this front.

Are there bugs for these types of goals? It might be helpful to have a tracker bug for this. It might help get more contributers involved.

There are many wishlist bugs in bugzilla. Whether or not they are on par
with
something we might be doing soon, or even in the long run, is generally
up in the air,
and that is why the wishlist categorization of bugs exists. :)

Maybe I'll try to rephrase that... Given that things seem to be moving in this direction, it would be useful to open new bugs for things that continue this progression, and group them together with a tracking (meta) bug in order to monitor that progress.

This also makes it much easier for interested contributers to tackle something fairly well defined that moves incrementally in the right direction.

Jon