Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution's editors

On Enj , 2004-04-01 at 17:39 +0200, guenther wrote:
> However, the Contact Editor is *big*, like you mentioned yourself. *Too*
> big IMHO. The dialog is more than 600 pixels high.
>
> On a 800x600 display this will not only cover most of the screen -- this
> will effectively disable the user to access the buttons at the bottom.
> The [OK] button will be cut off the screen, if there is a Menu Panel at
> the top of the screen.
>
> Any possibility of adding one or two tabs and therefore making the
> dialog lighter? Do we care about that resolution?

I don't think we do. The default resolution for new machines has been
1024x768 for
quite some time now. I think it might even be larger than that these
days, but most
of the cheaper laptops are 1024x768. The iBook is no longer 800x600
even.

Not to say that there isn't too much information in the dialog really,
but it is
quite hard to design a simple UI around such a complex and extensible
format.

-- dobey