Re: [Evolution-hackers] how to debug evolution-wombat freeze

Hi there,

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 22:02, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 14:42, Larry Ewing wrote:
> > Judging by a couple of reports I've seen like this I'd be willing to bet
> > that gnome-2.4's backward compatability is far from perfect.  I guess
> > we'll try to address these problems as we find them.

	They need fixing - these are indeed serious bugs in Gnome 2.4.0 that we
need fixed for 2.4.1.

> At least I have definitely seen a GNOME 2.2 compiled Evolution having
> trouble going offline when running under GNOME 2.4.

	Right;

> It seems that something changed in ORBit that makes old skels not work
> with the current version of the lib in some cases, but I haven't had a
> chance to track it down yet...

	I just looked at this again; my first check - running our horribly
complex regression test suite compiled against 2.2 linking to 2.4 worked
fine. I even went back to the 2.0 regression test suite compiled vs. 2.0
and run vs. 2.4 - again no problem.

	I guess in which case, it's likely to be a simple ORB bug that's been
introduced somehow that's breaking something not covered by the
regression tests; I'm construction some more tests based on the stack
trace that Ettore sent me now.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot