Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution 1.4.4-7 and Fedora 1.0 test2

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 06:57, Dax Kelson wrote:
For those living under a rock, Fedora is the new name for "Red Hat
Linux". Fedora 1.0 is what would have been called Red Hat Linux 10.
Well oddly enough ,the world doesn't really revolve around redhat linux, so one could quite easily be living a full and useful life without knowing about it at all ...

It has been hanging problems with the Evolution 1.4.4-7 included with
the just released 2nd test release. I experienced these first hand and
filled a bug in Red Hat's bugzilla.
I wonder what there 7 extra patches include.

Strangely, although I encountered about 10 hanging bugs during the first
30 minutes of booting into Fedora test2 and using the shipped Evolution,
the next two days I've used Evolution with nary a problem.

No more hanging.

Funny thing is that I spoke with someone else who encountered the same
thing. Lots of hangs at first, then smooth sailing.
Thats pretty strange.  Of course, with no backtraces 'who knows'.

I wonder if it has anything to do with prelinking (man prelink). Fedora
test2 now prelinks nightly.

What is prelinking?
$ man prelink
No manual entry for prelink