Re: [Evolution-hackers] Initialization sequence

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 20:27, Not Zed wrote:
> But if you then bring up the settings window, you get mail settings,
> which depend on stuff now initialised by the mail component (which
> hasn't run yet), and things fall over.
>
> I know you moved the stuff out of the factory for a reason, but what
> was it?  The mail session (and by extension, all camel resources, all
> filter resources) is a global resource (since it is based on the
> filesystem), and not merely connected to the 'mail component' as such.

I think I just didn't think of that...  I didn't realize the control
wouldn't work without the rest of the stuff being initialized, and the
code seemed cleaner this way.

So I guess it has to be moved back to the factory.  (In principle, we
have to make sure the control works without the actually mail component
being instantiated.)

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>