Re: [Evolution-hackers] Appointment and Meeting Editors -- 2.0 Thoughts

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 12:29, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:42, Anna Marie Dirks wrote:
>
> > So it sounds to me like what you are telling me is that if you could use
> > the "To Do" (or "Tasks") part of Evolution to help you remember and plan
> > your speaking engagements, then you would. Is that right?
> >
> > Besides alarms, is there anything else that the appointment editor
> > provides to you that the task editor doesn't, which you need to help you
> > plan a speaking engagement?
>
> I don't think we support alarms for tasks, and they would certainly be
> useful.

Since it looks like I'm the only one using some more fun features of
Evolution 1.2. Here is how you get alarms for tasks in 1.2.X, doesn't
work in 1.4.X since the contacts are gone from the UI.

Set Start and Due Time, make yourself the ATTENDEE, accept the task in
the email.
Check your tasks.ics, and it has an VAlARM in there 15 min before the
Start time.
Ok it's kind of awkward to get the alarm in, but it works and shows the
alarm.

The question which will come up is, do you want the alarm before due or
start time?  I took it, as getting the task alarm and better get going
to be finished in time, if you use due time you have to calculate back
when you have to start working to be done at due time and set the alarm
accordingly. Sounds like a personal pref. to me what you call start time
for a task. I don't know if there is consensus on it.
Have fun,
Ronald