Re: [Evolution-hackers] Patch to enable send mail from calendar alarms

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 02:21, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> sorry this is a rather large patch.  But most of it is busy work.
> It enables sending mail from calendar alarms.  I used a rather ugly work
> around to wait for the shell if it's not running to get a shell
> component, it's necessary at least for my SMP machine. If you know a
> better way let me know.
> Any comments are welcome.

I dont understand very well the purpose of the getComposer method you
added. If you look at calendar/gui/itip-utils.c, you'll see it activates
the composer by using bonobo_activation_activate_from_id, there is no
need to activate the shell and then get the composer.

Also, I doubt this could be added to the 1.4.x series, since it is a new
feature. So, I'd suggest you better work on adding this to HEAD, or,
even better, to the new-ui-branch, which we'll merge to HEAD soon.

saludos