Re: [Evolution-hackers] EBookListener problems

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 01:50, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to get the Gaim-Evolution Integration plugin I'm writing to
> listen for modifications to the address book using EBookListener. So
> far, I haven't received a single event. I looked throughout the
> libedata-book and libebook code, sprinkled several debug statements
> throughout it, and everything appears to be working right.
>
> I'm a bit at a loss as to how to go about listening in on these
> events. It doesn't even appear as if e-book.c is's
> e_book_handle_response is being called when something is modified in
> Evolution.

The EBookListener shouldn't really be used directly, it passes back the
idl responses from the backend rather than does notifications.  What you
likely want is EBookView for all cards.  That will give you
notifications when cards are added/modified/removed.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.