Re: [Evolution-hackers] question regarding set-background

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 06:59, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 18:48, David Trowbridge wrote:
> I've been working on the set-background problem, and assuming that the
> normal temporary filename
> (/tmp/evolution-xxxx-xxxx/evolution-tmp-xxxxx/file...) isn't appropriate

Yeah you can't use tmp, it should be $HOME relative, wherever it is.

> for permanent storage of the background image, I was wondering where to
> stick it. It seems to be a good idea to store it somewhere in the home
> directory, since /tmp is mounted as tmpfs on a few distributions. That
> said, there seem to be a few options
>
> A la epiphany, it could be stored in $HOME/.gnome2/evolution/...

Probably, although I suppose an image could get "lost" thefre.

Not that bad if you only set one.

Another alternative is to save it to a visible file on the desktop, based on the name in the attachment rather than a specific name.  And change the name if it clashes.  Or something.  There was discussion elsehwere on the evolution-patches list.

FWIW David (and others), we already have 2 patches for this feature, so you may want to consider looking at something else.

Michael