Re: [Evolution-hackers] IM entry fields patch

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 02:56:29PM -0800, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm Christian Hammond, from the Gaim project. I'm working on one of
> the gaim<->evolution bounties, and have a couple of patches for your
> review and, hopefully, acceptance into CVS.
>
> The first patch adds the ability to set data types of
> E_CONTACT_FIELD_TYPE_LIST in evolution-data-server.
>
> The second patch adds fields to the Contact Editor window in evolution
> so that a person's AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, and Jabber accounts can be
> set.
>
> Let me know if you'd like me to make any changes.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Christian

(You may get this e-mail twice. The attached files went over the
message limit, so I've uploaded them and will post a link. Sorry for
the inconvenience.)

I updated things a bit. First off, the patch to evolution-data-server
had a bug where list types could not be unset. That's fixed now.

Second, I replaced the UI for adding a contact's instant messaging
accounts to be closer to what Nat and I discussed. Whether I got it
exactly how he was describing, I don't know, but it's easy to use and
it works.

See http://www.chipx86.com/evolution_im_3.png for an example.

The patches and tarball for evolution (unpack in the evolution
directory) are here:

http://www.chipx86.com/patches/evolution/eds-list-type-20031124-1609.diff
http://www.chipx86.com/patches/evolution/evolution-im-info-20031124-1610.diff
http://www.chipx86.com/patches/evolution/evolution-im-info-20031124-1610.tar.bz2

I've been asked this before, so to clear it up, the patches
are only part of the solution to the bounty for gaim <-> evolution
integration. The rest comes as a gaim plugin, which is built against
the gaim source tree. The patches for Evolution don't require gaim.
They simply let the user set their contacts' IM accounts.

Anyhow, please take a look, and I'd appreciate any feedback.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The GNUpdate Project
chipx86 gnupdate org      <>  http://www.gnupdate.org/