Re: [Evolution-hackers] Questions about Evolution mail/composer

Not Zed wrote:

What exactly are you doing?

I'm integrating Evo mail to Java code, say, launch the composer with some prefilled fields by calling some Java APIs. Currently I got the native code finished for 1.2 based on evolution-launch-composer. And I'm also thinking about to use IIOP to call the Evolution-Composer interface directly from Java code. That could avoid the using of native C code. And as I know Java ORB can interoperate with ORBit2 successfully. So if the methods which were used by that binary would no longer work for Evo 1.4, I would have to change my way to have works done, that what I was worrying about.

You mentioned some objects have been set as singleton, and should only be instanced via factory last time on IRC. Would you please give more details on
that?

Go read a book about oo.

It means you can't have 2 copies of the mailer running at the same time,
which is what will happen if you try to access the composer component
from another process, since bonobo is piece of shit.

   Too bad to hear that, I don't wanna work on a piece of shit.....
One more question: I think the composer is some kind of different from the mailer, since one can get two or more composers in the single mailer, it shouldn't be singleton. But we cannot seem to use bonobo_activation_activate_from_id(COMPOSER_OAFIID,....) to get the reference of composer. Is there any change of ways to activate object?
Thanks!
-JoeyS