Re: [Evolution-hackers] Questions about Evolution mail/composer

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 20:34, Joey Shen wrote:
> Hi Not Zed,
>
> >Yeah the current code will no longer work.  Some of the guys working on
> >the OpenOffice integration will probably be coming up with a fix before
> >long.  I think i said on irc (was it to you?) that it was toshok, its
> >federico actually ... :)
> >
>      Yes, that was me : ). I cannot connect to Toshok last week, while I
> need more
> information for the further work, so I send mail to this list. What kind
> of fix will
> the OpenOffice integration guys come with?

i dont know, i presume just making evolution-launch-composer work.

>      Actually I've made most of my works done in reference of
> evo-launch-composer,
> it is bad news for me that such a means will no longer be working......

What exactly are you doing?

> >Basically the new approach, you need to get the mail component from the
> >shell interfaces, and then call the send_to_url() method on that
> >component, which will implicitly create a composer.  You can't get
> >direct access to the object, though you can add attachments, and set
> >addresses/subject via this method
> >
>     Um.... Dose it mean the interface of Evolution-Composer will be no
> longer in
> use?
>     Also I checked the methods, mailto dosen't support attachment. To
> launch the
> composer with the selected files as attachement would be quite common
> feature.

yes it does.

>     You mentioned some objects have been set as singleton, and should
> only be
> instanced via factory last time on IRC. Would you please give more
> details on
> that?

Go read a book about oo.

It means you can't have 2 copies of the mailer running at the same time,
which is what will happen if you try to access the composer component
from another process, since bonobo is piece of shit.