[Evolution-hackers] why is evolutionPerson STRUCTURAL?

Hi all.

Long time user, first time poster, blahblah... :)

Anyway, I have a lot of stuff going on in Evolution and it works really well for almost all of it, but I do have this nagging issue as I contemplate the creation of a production LDAP schema for use with OpenLDAP 2.1.

I want to support Evolution, Mozilla/Netscape and LookOut (sorry - that's Outlook, so I'm told), in addition to Sendmail, Samba and the posixAccount/shadowAccount stuff.  However, evolutionPerson, along with zillaPerson and officePerson, are ALL created as STRUCTURAL objects, which ALL have a SUP of inetOrgPerson.

This makes it just about impossible to implement my plan unless I:

A) create a whole new object combining whatever attributes I need and making it with a SUP of evolutionPerson.  This will at least create a sane inheritance chain.

B) making these various '*Person' objects AUXILIARY, since in reality they only extend the attributes of inetOrgPerson.  This makes them less relevant in the scope of what OpenLDAP seeks to enforce.

C) Lumping every attribute from all of the *Person schemas into the evolutionPerson schema, changing the name to 'customMailPerson' or something, and only using one objectclass to support all clients.  This, unfortunately, makes the evo schema (et al) less relevant.

Changing schemas isn't something I'm excited about doing.  The suggestion seems wrought with ridicule in other circles, but I fail to see an alternative which can suit my needs as well as the requirements of the standards, as enforced by OpenLDAP 2.1.x.  Keep in mind I'm not all-knowing either, so if someone KNOWS how to do this, could you please unleash the secret incantations upon me?  :)

Long Live Evo.
brian.