[Evolution-hackers] evolution 1.2 branch and UTF-8 strings

Hi all,

while debugging the GPG signed message problem, I found another problem
in camel : currently, it uses _() to translate its message and those
strings are then used by mail-session.c to display modal dialog..
Problem is _() will not always output an UTF-8 string, unless
bind_textdomain_codeset is used (currently not the case in Evo 1.2.2)

I'm seeing this problem in camel/camel-gpg-context.c:742 when it asks
passphrase, which in French is translated using latin1 characters,
causing the dialog to be "scrambled"..

I'm not sure how to fix this cleanly in 1.2 branch ?

Should we replace all _() by U_() ? Should we add
bind_textdomain_codeset to ensure _() returns UTF-8 string ?

WDYT ?
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
MandrakeSoft