RE: [Evolution-hackers] Creating folders via CORBA interface

Thanks for the suggestion, but still no dice.

I obtained the ShellComponent interface via the
Shell:get_component_by_type(..) call, and then attempt to call the
createFolderAsync(..) on it.  The parameters to this call are simpler, with
it just asking for a ShellComponentListener, a physical URI, and a type
string.

I've tried the following, and each returned a result of '0' which should
correspond to ShellComponentListener::Result::OK, but the folder is not
created.

createFolderAsync(componentListener, "/home/patrickg/evolution/local/Test1",
"calendar");
createFolderAsync(componentListener, "local/Test1, "calendar");
createFolderAsync(componentListener,
"file:///home/patrickg/evolution/local/Test1, "calendar");

Trying the above formats with a non-existent path, such as: adasdfa, also
yielded '0' in the result.

I even tried the same parameter formats above using the folder name:
'Calendar' which should have returned
ShellComponentListener::Result::Exists, but instead it returned '0' again.

I also have tried calling the ShellComponent::debug(..) function to pass it
a filename to use for debug output, but that file is never created.

As far as the original method, calling createFolderAsync on the Storage
interface itself, I got a litte more debug information by extracting the
FolderResult from the Any arg to the event method and received the result:
GNOME/Evolution/Storage/Result::UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION and an empty path.  I
have not been able to figure out the cause of the UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION
result though.

Any further thoughts would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

-Patrick