[Evolution-hackers] Building Evolution from source

Hi,
I am new to Evolution and I am trying to build version 1.2.0 from source, with the ultimate goal being producing preprocessed source files. I am working in the following environment:

OS: RedHat 9.0 (Linux)
CPU: Intel P3 900 MHz
RAM: 128 Mb

I began by running the configure script and got the following message:

configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by gnome-libs install

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this so that I may create the proper build environment.

Thanks,
JB