Re: [Evolution-hackers] sharing IMAP folders between users

It depends somewhat on how the shared folders are presented in imap.

Another namespace?  Current imap code doesn't support multiple
namespaces, although most of the support required is there, so it would
only be a couple of days work I think.

The imap code also doesn't handle async flag updates very well, but that
depends on how the server implements the shared folders.

Implementing IMAP ACL (is that still only standards track?) would
require some low-level camel (mail library) api support.  And the code
to do it, and to honour it.

If it is done via a namespace, then that is all that would be required
to implement it, but if they dont show up in list without listing
explictly (?) then some other ui will be needed too.  Courier seems to
put them in the LIST output, and they're added either globally or
manually by running shell commands on the host.

None of the servers I have implement ACL ... courier just does it using
chmod/etc.

I've cc'd sales re contracting work.

 Michael